So here's some random thoughts for y'all:
* I started logging my time at the gym. In the past month I have done 12 hours cardio. Plus weights on most days. Yikes. 45 minutes of cardio a pop, which is 4-5 days a week. Has the scale budged? No.
* Clint was approached about a job - sort of. In town! We were excited and hopeful and giddy at the prospect of a local job!! The guy appeared so interested and eager to talk business with Clint. Lunch with the CEO was mentioned. Then it just fizzled to nothing. Clint initiated contact a few times. Called/emailed when the guy said to call, but never could reach him. Turns out he's one of those that checks email once a week. Checks voice mail once a week. Doesn't return phone calls. Last time they spoke (at the gym), they were to have lunch on Wednesday. Exciting! But.... it never happened. Never heard from him. Today we saw the guy and all he did was wave. Hmm. No clue what changed his tune....
* Clint's job is going to shift again. There's talk of moving him into yet another department. No more 7/7. But he'd be based out of Lafayette. Which means at some point, we'd have to move. I don't want to.
* We've been working on our flowerbeds. It's been 2 years since we mulched and pulled weeds. Yeah, it was bad. But it's getting better.
* Got out the kids' swimsuits and have already set up the kiddie pool for them. 80 degrees is warm enough for water play!!
* Had our first snowballs of the summer over the weekend. Veronica's first snowball ever.
* We bought new patio furniture!! The set we have was awful. Someone gave it to us a few years ago. I looked at it and thought WHY do we still have this junk?? We deserve something nice to sit on. And now we have it!
* Veronica is turning into a chatter box! It's quite funny. She loves the telephone. She's had lengthy conversations with my Dad and Clint on the phone. If only we could understand everything she says!!
* Veronica's catch phrase is "I love ____." We see turtles on the side of the road and she immediately says, "I looove turtles." or whatever it is. Ha.
* Exciting things happening for Valerie this week. School pictures on Thursday! Dance pictures on Saturday!! Can't wait. Dance recital is SOON also!
* Valerie has a new favorite book:
* Am I on the outside looking in? I hear about lunches, play dates, dinners, visits, parties, etc. Yet we find out about them after the fact.
* I wish somebody would listen and hear me. I feel .... invisible.
* Ants have invaded my pantry. Go away!
* Yesterday I had a ME day. I spent a good 6 hours store hopping and shopping!
* We now have an ice cream maker. Can't wait to share it. I have a few recipes to try. Anybody have a good one to share??