Sunday, March 12, 2017

Disney Part 2

Continued from....

Tuesday it was back to the Magic Kingdom.  It was a pretty HOT day as temps got close to 90 degrees.  Yes, in February.  Like Epcot, the Magic Kingdom was incredibly busy.  We tried to do inside attractions and not be in the sun too much.  We took a lot of breaks!

Our dinner reservations were at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort.  We have dined here nearly every trip and it has been a favorite!  Prince Charming, Cinderella, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drucilla visit your table.  It took us a while to find it, but the entrance has been moved to the other side of the lobby.  There's also no place to sit while waiting for your table.  There were two benches, and a crowd of people standing.  Kids sitting and laying on the floor.  There is plenty of empty space, so I don't know why there aren't more benches.  We'd been walking in the hot park all day, and the last thing I wanted to do was stand for a half an hour waiting for dinner.

Unfortunately, this may be our last visit to 1900 for a while.  The food was not impressive at all and it seemed mostly side dishes on the buffet. Not that it was bad, but the menu has been paired down a lot.  The desserts were yummy.  The characters were great as usual, but with a $180 price tag, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Wednesday was our REST day!  I purposely left it wide open to do something else or nothing.  We drove over to a close by outlet mall because I wanted to check out the Disney Character Warehouse.  If you get the chance - GO!  It is merchandise pulled from the parks and 50% off or more.  I saw Halloween and Christmas t-shirts for $1.99!  Tons and tons of great Disney merchandise at a fraction of the original cost in the parks.  We stopped for lunch and went back to the condo for some pool time.  Did I mention how HOT it was?  We had a nice afternoon hanging out in Windsor Hills' pool.

Thursday was the day I had been waiting for - We had tickets to the Disney After Hours event.  We tried to sleep in since we knew we'd have a late night and we went back to Epcot for the afternoon.  Since this was our last Epcot visit, we tried to knock out our must dos like Test Track and Soarin'.  Both girls are crazy about Figment, so we had to do that -- again.  It was a pretty easy afternoon.  A cool front was approaching, so the wind picked up a bit and temps started to drop. Clouds rolled in but thankfully it only sprinkled a little bit. It went from almost 90 to being in the 50s Thursday night!  About 4:00 we started to make our way to the Magic Kingdom for the After Hours event.

To be continued......
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment